Pre-meds and philanthropy go hand-in-hand. In addition to the numerous causes and organizations our members are involved with individually, we as a chapter are always out and about giving back to our communities and supporting organizations who need our help the most.
Current chapter activities include:
- Fundraising for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Hospitality Volunteers with Canadian Blood Services
- Sorting food at the Surrey Food Bank
- Learning-In-Depth Buddies: literacy program at University Highlands Elementary
- Canadian Cancer Society (Relay for Life)
- Group volunteering at senior’s care centers
- Preparing and serving food to the residents of Vancouver’s Downtown East Side
SFU Dance Marathon
Our chapter hosted Canada’s first university Dance Marathon in 2014, raising just under $11,000 For The Kids at BC Children’s Hospital! Check out our appearance on live television and visit www.sfudm.com to learn more.